At PaTTAN, our goal is to provide educators with a breadth of publications that are grounded in proven best practices and a deep research base, reflecting a commitment to school improvement. PaTTAN offers publications on a variety of topics, all focused on improving educational results for students with and without disabilities.
Whether you are just starting out in the field of education, or you want to improve upon the work you and your team are already doing, let PaTTAN support you with the expertise of our educational consultants. Pennsylvania educators, school administrators, and families can view, download, and order PaTTAN publications mailed to their school or home.
Handouts Instructional Materials Other Resources
Find a Publication
June 30, 2011
Spanish version - Problem Solving in Early Intervention. This publication is intended to help parents of children receiving early intervention understand their procedural safeguards, parent rights and how to problem solve when they have concerns about their child's early intervention program. Revised May 2014.
May 31, 2011
This fact sheet outlines LEA and IEP team responsibilities for providing AIM for eligible students.
May 31, 2011
This Early Intervention child find and family information brochure is a statewide public awareness document utilized by all Infant/Toddler and Preschool Early Intervention Programs. The brochure includes common language to describe Early Intervention so parents know that their child receives Early Intervention services regardless of where they live throughout the state. The brochure can be used for families, early care and education agencies providers, physicians, child find activities, etc. Additional copies are available through Early Intervention Technical Assistance (EITA) by contacting Laura Copenhaver, "firstname.lastname@example.org(email@example.com)":firstname.lastname@example.org
April 30, 2011
This fact sheet (in Spanish) provides the definition and purpose of supplementary aids and services as well as a framework for considering the full range of supplementary aids and services.
April 30, 2010
Schools in Pennsylvania may opt to use the Response to Instruction and Intervention Process to identify students with specific learning disabilities. This two-page document summarizes the Pennsylvania Guidelines for Identifying Students with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD).
June 30, 2009
The PDE, BSE has developed a Credential of Competency for special education paraprofessionals to help them achieve "qualified" status as required by Chapter 14. This brochure provides information about the Credential, including the 10 standards that define what paraprofessionals need to know and be able to do.
July 31, 2008
The following guidelines provide direction and assistance to schools, specifically multidisciplinary evaluation teams, conducting comprehensive evaluations for students who are suspected to have specific learning disabilities (SLD). The 2008 Chapter 14 special education regulations of the State Board of Education are used throughout these guidelines as the critical source document of reference. The Pennsylvania regulations are based on, and in some references go beyond, the requirements of the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA) 2006 regulations. Consequently, the IDEA regulations are also referenced to provide additional context for these guidelines.
New and Recently Revised!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Searching for, Viewing, and Ordering Publications:
- To search by keyword, click inside the area labeled “Keyword Search” and enter the keyword(s). Click “Go.”
- To search by topic, click the drop-down menu “Filter by Topic.” Once you have selected a topic, click “Go.”
- Click the title of the publication.
- A new page will open that will give you the option of viewing the publication.
- To view the publication, click the Download button.
- The publication will open in Adobe Acrobat. You may either view the document or save it to your computer.
- To order a publication in hard copy, click the “Add to Cart” button. If the “Add to Cart” button is not visible, the publication is available only for download.
- To continue shopping, click the back arrow.
- When you have finished shopping, click “View my Cart” at the top of the page. Add the quantity desired for each publication listed. To remove a publication from your order, click on the X. Click “Checkout.”
- Upon successful transaction, an order confirmation will be sent to you.
Thank you for your interest in PaTTAN publications!
PaTTAN - East