Identification, Assessment, Intervention for Children with CVI Including Those with Deaf-Blindness
Interventions for School-Age Students
Wednesday September 23, 2020 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Wednesday September 30, 2020 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
This two-part training provides a deep dive into interventions for children with CVI, including those with deaf-blindness, looking at connection to assessment, daily routines, and the ECC with an emphasis on multidimensional intervention approaches.
Multidimensional Intervention Approaches: Connecting Interventions to ECC
This session will focus on examining ways to tie interventions to ECC learning areas using assessment outcomes. We’ll also discuss ways to develop interventions that complement and support student’s strengths while addressing areas of challenge through home-school partnerships and professional collaboration.
Objectives Connecting Intervention to ECC:
- List approaches for intervention within home and classroom activities or routines
- Explain how to address intervention needs based upon goals, supports and barriers to learning
- Identify approaches to strengthen the home-school partnership and collaboration among professionals
Multidimensional Intervention Approaches: Building Skills and Motivation
This session will emphasize approaches to intervention that build visual skills, motivate student participation and enjoyment, and improve overall task performance for different ECC learning areas.
Objectives Building Skills and Motivation:
- Identify approaches for intervention within ECC learning areas
- Explain ways in which intervention approaches for children with CVI can improve overall task performance ECC learning areas
- Identify collaboration approaches that address learning skills in ECC areas for children who have CVI
Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments; Orientation and Mobility Specialists; Teachers of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing; Teachers of the Deaf-Blind; Interpreters; Interveners; Special Education Teachers and related service personnel; and Speech Language Pathologists
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Lorraine Byer, at 800-441-3215, or email@example.com