CSinPA K-8 Computer Science Professional Learning Pathway
Monday January 03, 2022 - Online
Thursday June 30, 2022 - Online
The CSinPA K-8 Computer Science (CS) Pathway supports K-8 educators involved with CS instruction, whether as stand-alone classes or by integrating CS concepts and practices into other content-area instruction. Participants will explore ways of teaching CS while mastering core CS competencies. Over the course, participants set goals for expanding CS access for students and share artifacts to demonstrate progress towards their goals in the development and implementation of a small-scale implementation pilot.
- Access & apply the K-12 Framework and CSTA standards.
- Initiate and reflect on a small-scale implementation pilot.
- Develop a plan to close equity gaps in CS education, specifically for students with disabilities and other historically underrepresented populations, such as students of color and female students.
- Leverage community and stakeholder partnerships.
- Articulate the need for CS in education and our communities.
K-8 educators involved with computer science instruction including: Grade-level teachers, Content-area teachers, Special education teachers, English language (ELL) teaches, Librarians, Specialists, Instructional coaches.
Participants do NOT have to be designated CS or STEM teachers. No prior experience with computer science or computer science instruction is necessary.
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Sadie Hetrick, at 717-901-2273, or email@example.com