Pathways of Progress: Setting Goals and Evaluating Student Growth
Wednesday April 03, 2019 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Pathways of Progress is a research-based tool for setting student goals and determining progress within the context of effective reading instruction. Participants will learn how to set reading goals that are meaningful, ambitious and attainable within the context of an outcomes driven model. Participants will learn how to evaluated student growth relative to the Acadience Reading benchmark goals and the Pathways of Progress in the Acadience Data Management data service. Case examples will illustrate the importance of setting individual student learning goals for students at all points on the achievement spectrum.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the Acadience Reading benchmark goals and Reading Composite Score
- Describe the purpose of Pathways of Progress
- Set progress monitoring goals for students that are ambitious, meaningful and attainable
- Evaluate growth relative to other students who had the same level of initial skills
- Determine the effectiveness of core and strategic support systems
IU MTSS/Literacy Consultants, DIBELS Next Mentors,Elementary General and Special Education Teachers, ESL Teachers, School Psychologists, Reading Specialists, Speech/Language Therapists, Tiered Providers, Administrators.