Intensive Skill Training in Applied Behavior Analysis for Teams Supporting Students with Autism
Monday August 15, 2011 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Juniata Valley SD
Tuesday August 16, 2011 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Juniata Valley SD
Wednesday August 17, 2011 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Juniata Valley SD
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This session will provide intensive training and analogue guided practice in teaching skills for applied behavior analytic interventions incorporating an analysis of verbal behavior. It is designed to meet the needs of teams who are participating in the PaTTAN Autism Initiative ABA/VB efforts. Focus will be on skills related to teaching students with autism and related developmental disorders. The three day training will involve having participants demonstrate skills related to identifying the verbal operants and other ABA concepts, developing classroom schedules and card sort systems for teaching, demonstrating procedures for intensive teaching (discrete trial instruction) and basic mand training skills. The session will include a brief overview guidelines for student assessment and deriving student programs based on the assessment outcomes. Establishing instructional control and reducing problem behavior will also be discussed. Participants will be required to demonstrate acquisition of conceptual skills through brief oral and written assessments, complete brief homework assignments, and demonstrate implementation of various teaching protocols.
Participant teams will state the basic procedures in developing a classroom schedule that includes dense schedule of instruction for critical language competencies.
- name verbal operants observed in a teaching session at a rate of at least 23 per minute during a one minute timing.
- pass a brief competency exam on basic behavioral concepts.
- demonstrate use of a card sort system to guide intensive teaching procedures for verbal operants.
- state basic procedures to establish instructional control.
- demonstrate the teaching protocol for basic intensive teaching of verbal operants including fast pace presentation of trials, mixed and varied instruction, effective use of variable ratio schedule of reinforcement, and fluent student responding.
- accurately state and demonstrate errorless teaching procedures for intensive teaching protocol.
- accurately state and demonstrate error correction procedures for intensive teaching protocol.
- demonstrate use of appropriate prompt procedures.
- demonstrate process of presenting mand trials including mand transfer trials.
- identify and complete basic data collection procedures including cold probe for intensive teaching targets, mand cold probe procedures, and mand frequency.
- state the basic procedures in developing classroom schedules that provide adequate allotment of instructional responding in relation to critical verbal skills
New classroom teams and returning classroom teams participating in the PaTTAN Autism Initiative ABA/VB efforts (PA VB Project)
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this training. Contact: Sue Cartwright, at 800-360-7282, or "email@example.com(Sue Cartwright email)":mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.