Pennsylvania LETRS: Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling
PA LETRS Mod 1, 2nd Ed.: The Challenge of Learning to Read
Monday July 11, 2022 8:30 AM - 11:45 AM - Webinar
Tuesday July 12, 2022 8:30 AM - 11:45 AM - Webinar
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
Module 1 focuses on why learning to read is so difficult for many students, how reading develops, and what is happening when the reading process does not progress as expected. (Focus: All grades)
Module 1 Attendees will better understand:
- why learning to read is difficult for many students
- how good readers read
- the progression of reading development
- how to recognize tasks that are typical of each component of comprehensive reading instruction
- that biological, genetic, cognitive, environmental, and instructional causes interact to influence reading development
- characteristics of dyslexia
Teachers of reading and spelling, including literacy consultants, coaches, reading specialists, special education teachers, regular education teachers, general and special education administrators, and IU TACs are invited to attend.
All participants are required to take Module 1 prior to participation in Modules 2 through 12.
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this training. Contact: Kelly Kapp, at 717-901-2271, or "email@example.com(Kelly Kapp email)":mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.