2023 Safe and Supportive Learning Environments: Prevention Before the Crisis Summit
Safe and Supportive Learning Environments: Begin with Co-regulation in Mind
Thursday August 17, 2023 8:15 AM - 4:15 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Day Two participants of the Safe and Supportive Learning Environment Summit will begin the day with a keynote from Dr. Lori Desautels focused on the nervous system's role in our perceptions of discipline. Sessions are designed to support educators and learners from early childhood through school-age. Topics include adult wellness, function based assessment and intervention, restorative practices, and alternatives to exclusionary discipline.
Examine evidence-based practices to support behavior in unique contexts.
- Use data based decision-making to select and implement evidence-based practices to support safe learning environments.
- Identify the role the central nervous system plays in our perceptions of discipline.
Suggested participants include the following:
- Educators, including early childhood educators
- Behavioral specialists (school counselors, school psychologists, special educators)
- Behavioral and mental health providers
- Emotional Support teachers
- Emotional Support paraprofessionals
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Tina Rife, at 717-901-2251, or email@example.com