Check and Connect Mentor Training
Tuesday November 02, 2021 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM - Webinar
Check & Connect Mentor Training is an in-depth, competency-based
training designed to provide Check & Connect mentors with the
information, competencies, and skills needed to be an effective Check
& Connect mentor at their local site. This training is for
designated individuals who will serve as Mentors and deliver the Check
& Connect intervention at their school. Participants should be in a
school that has a team that completed the Preparation and Implementation
- Discuss the core components and elements of Check & Connect.
- Describe the role and expectations of the Check & Connect mentor.
- Address the population of students they are mentoring and how to best meet their needs.
- Implement the "Check" and "Connect" procedures with fidelity.
- Utilize the competencies and skills needed to be an effective mentor,
such as: Building relationships with students, families, and school
personnel; using data to determine interventions; problem–solving, and
engaging with families.
General Educators, Special Educators, School Counselors, Administrators, School Psychologists
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Annette Bauerleiin, at 610-878-7211, or firstname.lastname@example.org