Pyramid Module 1 - Promoting Children’s Success: Building Relationships and Supportive Environments
Wednesday February 05, 2020 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
This is the first module in the Pyramid Model formerly known as the CSEFEL Modules. This module introduces participants to the Pyramid Model and the practices within the foundation of this framework. Practices that will be reviewed include building relationships with children, families and colleagues, personal reflection on challenging behavior, the physical and emotional environment and its impact on children’s behaviors, and providing clear directions and ongoing monitoring and positive attention throughout the day.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of building relationships with children, families, and colleagues.
- Define an describe the relationship between children’s social emotional development and challenging behaviors.
- Describe the relationship between environmental variables, children’s challenging behaviors, and social emotional development.
- Identify strategies that can be used to (1) build positive relationships with children, families and colleagues; (2) design environments, schedules, and routines; (3) structure transitions; (4) help children learn rules and routines; and (5) plan activities that promote engagement.
- Use descriptive acknowledgment and encouragement to support children’s positive social behaviors.
- To evaluate their work with children related to building relationships and the structure and design to their environment. They will generate strategies for addressing areas where they need to make changes or improvements.
Early Childhood Educators, ECE Directors, PAPBS Network Facilitators, PBIS Core Leadership Team Members, Early Intervention Teachers or Providers
Location: PaTTAN - East
Location: PaTTAN - Pittsburgh