Evidence of Language Use: Progress Monitoring for English Learners in MTSS
Wednesday January 31, 2018 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
State-Required Reclassification, Monitoring and Re-Designation of English Learners - This session will focus on the interpretation and implementation of the PDE State-Required Reclassification, Monitoring and Re-Designation of English Learners (ELs) for the 2017-2018 school year. Participants will also examine how this document will impact the instruction and assessment of English learners.
Targeting Progress Monitoring of Language Use for English Learners - This session will focus on effective progress monitoring strategies for English learners, as related to language use. Participants will be able to apply these best practices to their school context.
Connecting WIDA Tools to Collecting Evidence for Language Use - This session will demonstrate how to utilize WIDA Tools while collecting evidence for language use in the classroom. Participants will examine the WIDA Tools, as they consider how to embed them into their instruction and assessment practices.
- Identify the PDE State-Required Reclassification, Monitoring and Re-Designation of English Learners
- Develop a local plan to implement the reclassification process in their LEA
- Identify characteristics of evidence-based progress monitoring implementation for English learners
- Examine evidence-based progress monitoring practices, as related to collecting evidence of language use
- Identify the WIDA Speaking and Writing Interpretive Rubrics and Can Do Key Uses, as related to collection of evidence of language use
- Utilize the WIDA Tools during development of progress monitoring
ESL Teachers, ESL Administrators, Content Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Building Administrators, School Counselors
Individuals attending this workshop must attend all three webinars and complete a Survey Monkey evaluation for each of the three sessions with the correct code in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours.