Evaluation and Treatment of Children Who Stutter
Berks County IU 14 - VC site
Thursday April 09, 2015 9:00 AM - 3:15 PM
This presentation will provide practical assessment and treatment options for speech-language pathologists working with children who stutter. Focus will be placed on real-world activities that can be utilized in assessment and treatment. Participants will leave with an understanding of the current theoretical basis of stuttering. Assessment and treatment concepts will target the affective, behavioral, and cognitive components of stuttering.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss current theories, perspectives, and models of stuttering.
- Describe the affective, behavioral, and cognitive components of stuttering.
- Identify models of counseling that may be used in treatment for children who stutter and their families.
- Describe components of a comprehensive assessment for preschool, school-age, and adolescent children who stutter.
- Identify appropriate measurable goals for working with children who stutter.
- Describe components of community-based intervention for children who stutter.
- Identify types of bullying and intervention programs for children who stutter.
- Describe appropriate intervention activities for children who stutter.