Check and Connect Train-the-Trainer
Tuesday September 18, 2018 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Wednesday September 19, 2018 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Thursday September 20, 2018 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This training offers a train the trainer workshop for participants to become certified Check & Connect trainers. The participants will be introduced to the steps of implementing Check & Connect which include the following: 1) planning and preparation, 2) getting to know students, teachers, and families in relationship building, 3) using check procedures and monitoring forms, 4) monitoring the person-environment fit, and 5) providing mentor supports and supervision.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify and demonstrate adult learning principles and assumptions to deliver high quality professional development as assessed by their peers and national trainer
- Prepare and present the Check & Connect Comprehensive Implementation training, ensuring participant/audience understanding as assessed by their peers and national trainer
- Describe logistics for independent, observed training with cohorts and national trainer
- Explain past and current research which supports Check & Connect by researching and sharing with peers
- Lead activities and discussions to ensure participant/audience understanding of Check & Connect components and skills in the Comprehensive Implementation training
IU TaCs and PaTTAN Consultants who are involved with Path to Graduation (P2G)