What Every Administrator Needs to Know About Pennsylvania’s Career Readiness Indicator
Friday October 12, 2018 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Pennsylvania identified Career Readiness as one of six indicators for measuring school performance for all students, including students with disabilities. This training will provide the foundation for understanding the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) required indicators while focusing specifically on Pennsylvania's Career Readiness indicator.
Participants will examine the portfolio requirements, explore the Career Education and Work Standards, and develop sample activities. Integral points of consideration will be identified throughout the training to ensure authentic integration for students with disabilities.
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual's Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.
1. Identify the six indicators of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and Pennsylvania's Consolidated Plan focusing on the Career Readiness Indicator
2. Establish the portfolio requirements
3. Analyze the Career Education and Work Standards
4. Develop sample activities
5. Generate points of consideration for the implications of the Career Readiness indicator for students with disabilities