TVI-COMS JR Summer Academy Experience: Access is Success
Thursday June 22, 2017 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This training is an exciting opportunity to learn about Junior Summer Academy (JSA), a new and valuable experience provided to Junior High School students who are blind or visual impaired. During the week Teachers of the Visually Impaired (TVI) and Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialists (COMS) will observe various content areas, learn new adaptive strategies, and assist with group instruction. In addition, TVI & COMS will join other educational professionals to expand their knowledge in Assistive Technology, Daily Living Skills, and GPS during specific targeted, hands-on training.
- List three assistive technology apps that can be used by TVIs for instruction and/or adaptation of materials so that their student´s may access information
- List accessibility features available on a an iOS device
- List accessibility features available on a computer and/or accessible software options available for a computer
- Explain three daily living skills adaptive techniques in the area of food preparation, cooking, and/or baking
- Explain three daily living skills adaptive techniques in the area of self-care and home-care
Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments, Orientation and Mobility Specialists
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.