Back 2 Basics: Supporting Secondary Transition Compliance
Northeastern Educational Intermediate Unit 19
Friday November 18, 2016 9:00 AM - 3:15 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This training will support teams of selected Local Education Agency representatives in professional development designed to enhance their understanding and practices related to secondary transition compliance. This interactive training will address the skills needed to support the development of effective secondary transition IEPs for students with disabilities age 14-21.
Participants will be able to:
- Evaluate present levels of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance that reflect secondary transition planning.
- Describe the use of assessments to support secondary transition planning.
- Identify effective agency participation into the transition IEP process.
- Evaluate coordinated measurable annual goals that reasonably enable students to meet post-secondary outcomes.
- Align secondary transition goals to identified student´s needs.
Administrators and other leaders who serve as Local Education Representatives at transition age IEP meetings.
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.