A Deeper Dive into Standardized Language Assessments for Speech Language Pathologists
Friday March 18, 2022 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM - Webinar
Standardized Assessments are a common part of the Comprehensive Assessment approach. Keeping up to date on the unique aspects of specific standardized assessments can be time consuming and difficult for busy Speech Language Pathologists (SLPs). This deeper dive session is designed to highlighted lesser-known standardized assessments to allow practicing SLPs the time and opportunity to discuss the limitations, possible applications, theoretical underpinnings, and psychometrics of these commonly asked about tools.
Inclusion in this forum is not an endorsement for the assessment. Specific tools will be highlighted to allow SLPs to review the tools without purchasing in order to make data driven decisions.
- Describe the relationship amongst components of spoken and written language.
- Identify profiles of spoken and written language difficulty in young students.
- List considerations for working with students with varying profiles of spoken language and written language ability.
- Describe the quadrant model and its uses for differential diagnosis of language/literacy disorders.
- Analyze students’ written language samples at the discourse, sentence, and word levels.
- Tell how interventions differ for students with profiles with
word-structure issues only, compared to problems with word-structure and
semantics, and with sentence/discourse level issues affecting
comprehension and expression, both spoken and written.
K-12 School Based Speech Language Pathologists
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Melissa Howell, at 717-901-2288, or email@example.com