2021-2022 MTSS EELO Series: Enhancing Early Literacy Outcomes within Tiered Systems (Grades K-2)
Tier 3 Problem-Solving: Understanding Language-Based Deficiencies and Intervening Intensively
Monday September 27, 2021 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Webinar
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This session is designed to assist Tier 3 Problem-Solving Teams with understanding processes and practices characteristic of Tier 3 services and supports that include teaming, intensive intervention, assessment/interpretation, and the etiology and treatment of language-based deficiencies. During this session, practitioners will also examine the critical assessment and instructional design features required for multi-tiered intervention for language-based deficiencies that often manifest in both reading and writing difficulties. Specifically, learner profiles related to morphological/syntax-phonological-orthographic (oral and written language disabilities), phonological-orthographic (dyslexia), and orthographic-only (dysgraphia) instructional needs will be discussed and a conceptual framework for intensifying instruction (tier 3 intervention) will also be presented.
Participants will be able to …
- Describe characteristics of effective Tier 3 supports and services
- Identify strengths and needs of current practices relative to recommended practices
- Explain the nature of early reading deficiencies and disabilities and effective instruction and intervention treatment methods
- Explain how language development impacts reading and writing skill development
- Identify characteristics and subtypes of learner profiles who are at-risk or have a language-based disorder
2021-2022 MTSS Enhancing Early Literacy Outcomes within Tiered Systems (EELO) Series Cohort Members as relevant to their roles and team leader's directives.
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Kelly Kapp, at 717-901-2271, or firstname.lastname@example.org