2021-2022 MTSS EELO Series: Enhancing Early Literacy Outcomes within Tiered Systems (Grades K-2)
Word Reading, Text Reading, Fluency, Encoding, Reading Block Integration, Data-Based Decision Making
Tuesday June 29, 2021 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Webinar
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
Participants will understand how and why (a) using instructional routines to enhance the delivery of advanced word reading, text reading, fluency practice, and encoding will increase practice opportunities for students, (b) to structure their reading block to enhance their current Core reading instruction, and (c) to use data sources to improve decision-making actions.
Participants will be able to:
- List the instructional components of a Foundational Skills Lesson and be able to
describe the order of skills when completing “pause and process” questions in the training workbook
- Identify some possible data sources and describe how they may be used for
decision-making actions when participating in team discussions
- Identify, describe, and demonstrate the explicit instructional elements of reading
instruction incorporated into each ECRI routine during break-out discussions and practice opportunities
- Demonstrate the delivery of instructional routines for irregular words, phoneme blending, sound-spellings, decoding regularly-spelled words, affixes, advanced word reading, contractions, decodable text reading, fluency in connected text, phoneme segmenting, and encoding regularly-spelled words when practicing routines in small groups
- Develop and articulate a plan for ECRI Foundational Skills implementation within Tier 1 and Tier 2 structures within individual buildings
2021-2022 MTSS Enhancing Early Literacy Outcomes within Tiered Systems (EELO) Series Cohort Members as relevant to their roles and team leader's directives.
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Kelly Kapp, at 717-901-2271, or firstname.lastname@example.org