2021-2022 MTSS EELO Series: Enhancing Early Literacy Outcomes within Tiered Systems (Grades K-2)
Foundational Skills:Overview, Letter Naming, Phonemic Awareness, Sounds Review, Blending Instruction
Monday June 28, 2021 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Webinar
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
Systematic strategies and instructional routines designed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of reading instruction in kindergarten, first and second grade will be described and practiced. By the end of this course, participants will understand how and why (a) using instructional routines can enhance current core reading instruction, and (b) how aligning Tier 1 and Tier 2 reading instruction can lead to higher student reading outcomes. Topics will include incorporating explicit instructional elements, aligning intervention for at-risk readers with core instruction, and implementing instructional routines, during Tier 1 and Tier 2 instruction, that focus on the essential components of beginning reading instruction.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the essential components of beginning reading instruction
- Outline how aligning Tier 1 and Tier 2 reading instruction can lead to higher student
reading outcomes when participating in small group discussions
- List and describe the three areas that are enhanced in the core reading instruction to make Tier 1 and Tier 2 more effective
- Articulate how and why using instructional routines can enhance current core reading
instruction when responding to “pause and process” questions in the training workbook
- Identify, describe, and demonstrate the explicit instructional elements of reading
instruction incorporated into each ECRI routine during break-out discussions and practice opportunities
- Demonstrate the delivery of instructional routines in the areas of irregular words,
phoneme blending, sound-spellings, and decoding regularly-spelled words when practicing routines in small groups
2021-2022 MTSS Enhancing Early Literacy Outcomes within Tiered Systems (EELO) Series Cohort Members as relevant to their roles and team leader's directives.
Tier 3 Problem-Solving: Understanding Language-Based Deficiencies and Intervening Intensively
Team Presentations: Updates and Data Sharing
Team Presentations: Series Wrap up and Data Sharing
Using RTI for SLD Determination: New BSE Process and Tool Review!
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Kelly Kapp, at 717-901-2271, or email@example.com