See the Sound-Visual Phonics
Monday April 19, 2021 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Monday April 26, 2021 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Monday May 03, 2021 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Monday May 10, 2021 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
This See the Sound Visual Phonics© training is a multi-sensory strategy consisting of hand prompts and written symbols aligned with the phonemes in spoken language. It is used in conjunction with research validated literacy programs. It aids the teaching of reading, language, and writing skills for all students who are struggling or beginning readers; including students with learning disabilities, students who are deaf or hard of hearing, and students with speech and language difficulties.
At the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Explore the rationale behind See the Sound Visual Phonics.
- Establish a working knowledge of the Visual Phonics hand prompts and printed symbols.
- Identify strategies and uses of Visual Phonics to reinforce beginning literacy, writing, and speech production.
- List and discuss strategies for implementation with diverse learners.
- Describe ways to apply the use of Visual Phonics to a variety of types of learners and with families.
Pennsylvania general education and special education teachers, families, reading specialists, teachers of deaf/hoh, speech and language pathologists, educational interpreters, professional development staff
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Richele Herigan, at (717) 901-2240, or firstname.lastname@example.org