PA Statewide SCRIPT Workshop
Wednesday October 07, 2020 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Thursday October 08, 2020 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
"The SCRIPT - the Strategic CSforALL Resource & Implementation Planning Tool - is a framework to guide teams of district administrators, school leaders, and educators through a series of collaborative visioning, self-assessment and goal-setting exercises to create or expand upon a computer science education implementation plan for their students" (CSforALL). This workshop facilitates an LEA SCRIPT team's work in creating a CS Vision for their district, evaluating current CS programs, and goal setting for future work.
LEA Participants will be able to:
- Discuss the state of CS in PA
- Describe the SCRIPT, its purpose, and its applications
- Identify the top three impact areas most important to their district community
- Create a CS vision statement
- Describe the state of CS in their LEA
- Define SMARTIE goals for advancing CS in their LEA
Administrators, teachers, librarians, content providers, school counselors, special education teachers, English learner teachers
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Sadie Hetrick, at 717-901-2273, or firstname.lastname@example.org