School Age Stuttering Therapy
Thursday October 15, 2020 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Webinar
Thursday November 05, 2020 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Webinar
Start with Success:
A child who stutters is moving through assessment and will soon be on your workload. Where do you start in order to set up the most effective long-term outcomes for this child? This question can seem unanswerable to even the most seasoned clinician. Good news! It has an answer, and you already have much of what you need (and can get what you don’t) to begin a positive therapy experience for school-age children who stutters.
Have you met all the strategies?
Have you ever felt that you don’t know all you need to know about the speech handing strategies for working with those who stutter? Join the club! Many SLPs report feeling the same way. Join us for an overview, demonstration, and role-play opportunities of EBP strategies to make certain you have what it takes to tackle this aspect of the overall framework of stuttering therapy! Resources for further study and support will be provided.
- Summarize 5 important up-to-date facts regarding research and clinical implications in stuttering treatment
- Outline the overall process of stuttering therapy and explain it to students and others
- List at least 4 areas of foundational skills needed for long-term success and positive outcomes in stuttering therapy.
- Outline 5 areas in the framework of stuttering therapy
- List at least 3 activities to prepare students for success
- Outline rationale for all strategies presented
- Demonstrate at least 5 strategies for helping children who stutter increase their ease of communication
Speech and language pathologists
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Melissa Howell, at 717-901-2288, or email@example.com