Secondary MTSS Series: Enhancing Middle/High School Partnerships, Practices and Outcomes
Big Ideas In Secondary MTSS Success
Wednesday August 12, 2020 8:30 AM - 11:45 AM - Webinar
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
Secondary MTSS has lagged behind elementary level implementation and for good reasons. Although many of the principles are the same, the focus of WHO we serve and HOW we serve them has been unclear. This session sets the stage for the components of stronger Tier 1 core CONTENT area instruction and strategies to support students with basic skill needs at Tiers 2 and 3.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe why secondary MTSS lags behind elementary level.
- Differentiate between those students who receive Tier 2/3 "treatment" from those students who would receive "support" in their content area classes.
- Detail components of effective "treatment including even better content area instruction and powerful remedial interventions.
- Detail components of effective "support" that are essential for some students, but have been shown to improve outcomes for MOST students.
- Describe basic skills screening and progress monitoring practices.
Administrators, Principals, School Psychologists, Special Education Teachers,General Education Teachers, IU TaC
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Kelly Kapp, at 717-901-2271, or email@example.com