BrainSTEPS Annual Team Member Capacity Building Training
Thursday May 28, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
Presentation 1: BrainSTEPS: Opioid Misuse & Brain Injury will focus on the intersection between brain injury and opioid misuse from two perspectives.
Presentation 2: PA Transition Resources for Students Post-Brain Injury addresses transition resources available for students with acquired brain injuries in the state of Pennsylvania, including eligibility requirements and services available through each resource.
Presentation 3: Brain Injuries Caused by Abusive Head Trauma discusses abusive head trauma (AHT) in infants and young children
Attendees will be able to:
Describe the anoxic effects of opioid use and non-fatal overdose.
- Identify challenges in the response to treatment for addiction for individuals with brain injury.
- Identify resources for brain injury specific treatment for addiction.
- Identify PA state specific resources available for students of transition age who have sustained an acquired brain injury
- Discuss the reasons abusive head trauma is difficult to diagnose in young infants.
- Know the types of brain injury resulting from abusive head trauma.
All BrainSTEPS Team Members