BrainSTEPS Annual Team Member Capacity Building Training
Thursday May 28, 2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
Presentation 1: BrainSTEPS: Opioid Misuse & Brain Injury will focus on the intersection between brain injury and opioid misuse from two perspectives.
Presentation 2: PA Transition Resources for Students Post-Brain Injury addresses transition resources available for students with acquired brain injuries in the state of Pennsylvania, including eligibility requirements and services available through each resource.
Presentation 3: Brain Injuries Caused by Abusive Head Trauma discusses abusive head trauma (AHT) in infants and young children
Attendees will be able to:
Describe the anoxic effects of opioid use and non-fatal overdose.
- Identify challenges in the response to treatment for addiction for individuals with brain injury.
- Identify resources for brain injury specific treatment for addiction.
- Identify PA state specific resources available for students of transition age who have sustained an acquired brain injury
- Discuss the reasons abusive head trauma is difficult to diagnose in young infants.
- Know the types of brain injury resulting from abusive head trauma.
All BrainSTEPS Team Members
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: [PERSON], at [PHONE], or [EMAIL].