Effective Speech-Language Evaluation for School SLPs: The Building Blocks
Monday April 27, 2020 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Thursday May 21, 2020 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Thursday September 10, 2020 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Title: Timeline and Legal Building Blocks
This training is a refresher for speech language pathologists to highlight timelines, evaluation components and determination of s/l disability in school children.Title: Overview of Comprehensive Speech Language Assessment
Comprehensive Evaluation is key to identification of students with speech language impairments. Due to limitations of standardized assessments and the mandate for services to be academically necessary, knowledge of multiple data sources is essential in determination of speech language impairments. This session will provide an overview of comprehensive speech language assessment include lists of types of probes and questions to ask as a team.
Title: Does this score really mean what I think it means?
Diagnostic reliability in the field directly impacts student’s goals, placement and dismissal from S/L services. This session will include use of the manuals to explore psychometric data regarding reliability, validity, sensitivity, specificity, the purpose of the test, scoring considerations for speakers of various dialects of popular speech evaluation tools.
- Identify the differences between school and medical speech-language evaluation
- List team members for speech-language evaluation collaboration
- Identify pertinent timelines within the school evaluation process
- Define reliability, validity, sensitivity and specificity as it relates to standardized assessments.
- Define the specific populations, scoring considerations, and purposes for 3 frequently used assessments.
- Describe 2 types of dynamic assessment tools that are part of a comprehensive evaluation.