Identification, Assessment, Intervention for Children with CVI Including Those with Deaf-Blindness
Multiple Methods of Assessment
Monday April 20, 2020 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Wednesday May 13, 2020 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
The two-part training in this series provide a deep dive into assessment concerns for children who have CVI, including those with deaf-blindness, looking at alternative methods and perspectives with an emphasis on use of multiple methods for assessment.
CVI: Multiple Methods of Assessment: Goals and Strategies
This training will discuss the goals of educational assessment along with the application of educational assessment methods to achieve those goals for children who have CVI. Ways to formulate education strategies that address assessment outcomes within daily routines for young children and the expanded core curriculum (ECC) for students of school-age will also be presented.
Objectives Goals and Strategies:
- Identify recommended educational assessment approaches for children with CVI
- Determine how to choose from available assessment tools to provide information about various manifestations of CVI
- Develop strategies to integrate assessment findings from daily routines and ECC areas
CVI: Multiple Methods of Assessment: Selection and Coordination
Various methods are required to assess children who have CVI. Systematic ways to select and coordinate these methods will be presented. One example will be within a learning media assessment.
Objectives Selection and Coordination:
- Explain criteria for selecting an assessment for children with CVI
- Identify the implications of assessment results taking into account the manifestations of CVI
- List methods to gather information about the student in home, school, and community to identify manifestations of CVI
Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments; Orientation and Mobility Specialists; Teachers of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing; Teachers of the Deaf-Blind; Interpreters; Interveners; Special Education Teachers and related service personnel; and Speech Language Pathologists
Interventions for School-Age Students
Approaches from the CVI Companion Guide: Early Intervention and Preschool