2019-2020 Educational Interpreter Training Series
The Secret to Harmonizing ASL Classifiers
Saturday September 12, 2020 11:00 AM - 3:15 PM - Webinar
Let’s brush up our visual imagery skills with classifiers. ASL classifiers show action and ideas. During this workshop, participants will see demonstrations of adjectives, descriptions, object functions, personification, and more. In ASL, visual imagery is worth a thousand words. This workshop will offer hands-on practice in using classifier handshapes with creativity and precision. Move away from thinking in English and let ASL handshapes tell the story.
- Perform stories using ASL Classifiers
- Critique the use of ASL Classifiers to convey information
- Practice ASL classifiers for use in interpretation
- Educational Sign Language Interpreters and Interveners who provide interpreting services in Pennsylvania K-12 classrooms.
- Teachers of Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing who have at least intermediate American Sign Language Skills.
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Lorraine Byer, at 800-441-3215, or firstname.lastname@example.org