I-M-ABLE: Supports for Implementation
Thursday February 28, 2019 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This webinar provides an opportunity for Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments (TVIs) who participated in the fall trainings in the Individualized Meaning-Centered Approach to Braille Literacy Education (I-M-ABLE) to follow up on their implementation of the approach with individual students. Using an assignment provided prior to the webinar, participants will discuss the components of I-M-ABLE that have been implemented in their educational practice. The webinar will provide answers to questions or help with issues that participants have identified for the webinar facilitator through the assignment. Participants will also share with each other successful teaching strategies that they found useful with their students. In addition, The Next Steps in using the approach will be suggested in a way that will allow participants to continue or modify their training in line with their previous success in implementation. Participants who have not yet had the opportunity to implement the I-M-ABLE approach will be able to submit and discuss questions they have from the I-M-ABLE book.
Participants will leave be able to:
1. List the most comment questions and resolutions to the most common issues, including advice on how to implement the approach with fidelity.
2. Describe successful teaching strategies that other have used with their students
3. Identify their next steps in implementing the I-M-ABLE approach
Participants in the fall training "I-M-ABLE: An Individualized Meaning-Centered Approach to Braille Literacy Education":
• Teachers of Students who are Visually Impaired (TVIs)
• Teachers of Students who are Deaf-Blind