Practice Based Coaching
Thursday October 25, 2018 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Friday October 26, 2018 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Practice Based Coaching is based on effective teaching practices and collaborative partnership, it is guided by goals and a plan for refinement and action. Practice Based Coaching is assessed for focused observation, supportive of teacher growth and development through reflection and feedback. Data collection is an important component of Practice Based Coaching. Participants will describe and practice all components of Practice Based Coaching in this session.
- Identify key components of Practice-Based Coaching
- Describe characteristics of collaborative partnerships
- Practice creating goals and action plans
- Conduct focused observation based on action plans
- Prepare prompts for reflection and feedback
This training would be applicable for those coaching in Early Intervention coaching grants, the PAPBS Network or other Early Intervention capacities.