Pennsylvania-LETRS Certified Train-the-Trainer Modules
PA LETRS Modules 1-3, 2nd Edition: Initial Level 1
Tuesday February 02, 2021 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM - Webinar
Wednesday February 03, 2021 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Webinar
Thursday February 04, 2021 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Webinar
Friday February 05, 2021 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM - Webinar
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
Rather than replacing the core basal reading program, LETRS brings deeper knowledge of reading instruction by addressing each component—phoneme awareness; phonics, decoding, spelling, and word study; oral language development; vocabulary; reading fluency; comprehension; and writing. This series training will encompasses the concepts in the following LETRS 2nd Edition modules:
- Module 1: The Challenge of Learning to Read
- Module 2: The Speech Sounds of English, Phonetics, Phonology, and Phoneme Awareness
- Module 3: Spellography for Teachers: How English Spelling Works
- Build a bridge between research and practice.
- Utilize knowledge about teaching literacy and language.
- Analyze and discuss why learning to read is so difficult for many students, how reading develops, and what is happening when the reading process does not progress as expected.
- Identify and classify phonemes (speech sounds) and discuss the importance of phonological awareness in reading and spelling instruction.
- Explore the structure and history of English spelling with an emphasis historical layers in English orthography and phoneme-grapheme correspondences.
Consultants with reading expertise to be trained to be trainers in the LETRS program.
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.
Consultants with reading expertise to be trained to be trainers in the LETRS program
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this training. Contact: Kelly Kapp, at 717-901-2271, or "email@example.com(Kellly Kapp email)":mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.