2019-2020 Educational Interpreter Training Series
The Role of Educational Interpreters: Choices and Challenges in K-12 Interpreting
Saturday February 08, 2020 11:00 AM - 3:15 PM
Interpreting is much more than transferring meaning from one language to another. This training will examine the role that interpreters inhabit in K-12 settings. Content will include an overview of current literature on the concept of role-space and identity. Workshop activities and discussion will look at various scenarios and the ethical principles and/or guidelines that inform interpreter decisions.
- Assess role definition and identity of educational interpreters in K-12 settings
- Evaluate ethical principles in various K-12 setting scenarios
- List the ethical practices that interpreters should use to inform their decisions in the k-12 setting.
- Educational Sign Language Interpreters and Interveners who provide interpreting services in Pennsylvania K-12 classrooms.
- Teachers of Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing who have at least intermediate American Sign Language Skills.