Introduction to Universal Design for Learning: The Why, the What, and the How
PaTTAN - Online Course
Monday February 14, 2022 - 12:00 PM - PaTTAN - Online Course
Monday April 11, 2022 - 12:00 PM - PaTTAN - Online Course
This self-paced, online course provides participants with an introduction to Universal Design for Learning (UDL) by exploring the Why, the What, and the How of UDL. Through the course lessons and activities, participants will learn how to develop clear goals, recognize obstacles in the learning environment, and utilize the UDL guidelines to meet individual needs in pursuit of expert learning.
Participants will complete all course requirements via the online platform, Schoology.
- List the features of learner variability and recognize variability as the norm
- Analyze the myth of average
- Define expert learning and identify its characteristics
- Examine UDL as a compliment to other educational frameworks and processes including Multi-Tiered Systems of Support and Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- Identify the three UDL principles and their relationships to learning
General Education Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Intermediate Unit Training and Consultation Staff, and others interested in this topic
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Karen Weaver at email@example.com