How to Implement Transition Discoveries
Friday October 01, 2021 - 11:59 PM - Online
Sunday October 31, 2021 - 11:59 PM - Online
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
The LEA’s Transition Discoveries (TD) Implementation team will complete a self-guided learning module that teaches them how to implement stage 1 and stage 2 of the Transition Discoveries Model.
Module 1: February 1, 2021 – March 3, 2021
• Identify and recruit a representative sample of young people with disabilities, family members and transitions stakeholders to complete the Transition Discoveries Quality Indicator Survey (TDQI)
• Use the Monthly Implementation Update Tool in order to plan, implement and record progress for stage 1 data collection activities and monitor TDQI response numbers and parental consent form completion for students under 18
• Explain the purpose of the TD Online Community of Practice and coaching model that will support their efforts to implement Transition Discoveries
Module 2: October 1, 2021 – October 31, 2021
• Utilize the features of the TD data visualizer to display analyzed results for quality indicators and demographic variables of interest to their team such as age and group (youth, family or stakeholder)
• Work with facilitators to consider and plan for factors at the student, family, school, agency and/or community level that may contribute the highest scores and lowest scores within their TD data
• Use the online TD Data Visualizer and online Data Review Tool to identify priorities for community action planning to improve transition practices at a systems level during stage 4 of TD implementation
Module 3: November 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
• Identify and recruit a group comprised of young people with disabilities, family members and transitions stakeholders who will join the Transition Change Agent Team (T-CAT)
• Plan and implement the logistics of a community action planning event, including training the T-CAT members, securing a location (in-person or virtually), recruiting community members to attend and providing required event materials
• Use the Monthly Implementation Update Tool in order to plan, implement and record progress for stage 3 and 4 data collection activities
• Implement evidence-based practices that align with their community-action planning priorities at a systems level across schools, agencies and community partners
Module 4: March 2, 2022 – May 1, 2022
• Describe TD's process for designing and scaling systems-level interventions.
• Use the TD action planning organizer to develop and implement strategies that address 1 or more goals identified through the community action planning event
• Analyze a sequence of systems-level (across school, agency and community partners) actions that address community action planning goals, while considering factors that might impact success
• Identify and integrate resources (e.g., knowledge, funding, materials, partnerships, etc.) necessary for implementation
• Identify and implement strategies for collaboration with youth, families and stakeholders to support action plan activities
LEAs who have been selected to participate in the Transition Discoveries grant.
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Paula Quinn, at firstname.lastname@example.org