Open Hands Open Access: Deaf-Blind Intervention Modules
Module 02: The Sensory System, the Brain, and Learning
PaTTAN - Online Course
Friday February 19, 2021 - PaTTAN - Online Course
Saturday March 20, 2021 - PaTTAN - Online Course
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This course presents information and strategies on how to help the student access information and learning. All students who are deaf-blind experience different levels of access to both visual and auditory information, as well as other sensory input. It is essential to understand the types of sensory information to which a student has access, as well as the environmental conditions that support the student’s access to information.
- Explain the importance of each of the seven senses.
- Review the brain-senses connection and its impact on learning.
- Identify some general strategies for supporting a student´s learning.
- Describe basic information about all seven senses.
- Know how to identify additional resources to learn more
Teams and Individuals working with and/or interested in professional development regarding students who are deaf-blind, such as parents, teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators, and other service providers, including those who are not seeking to become interveners.