Leadership Guide for Successful Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices in Autism Support
Tuesday May 16, 2023 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM - PaTTAN - WEST
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
To provide leadership teams and designated internal coaches with the information and tools necessary to support instructional staff in the delivery of evidence-based instructional practices and obtain meaningful and measurable student outcomes for students with ASD and disabilities alike.
- Discuss impact of Autism and related conditions on education and learning.
- Review evidence-based practices related to development and implementation of components of classroom organization including schedules, materials organization, data systems, classroom arrangement, and team communication.
- Review effective systems for effective parent engagement strategies including training methods and ongoing instruction-specific communication systems.
- Discuss internal coach role in establishing and maintaining implementation efforts (including systems of providing objective performance feedback and treatment fidelity measures)
- Discuss issues related to least restrictive environment including collaboration with general education, measurement systems for inclusive practices, promotion of self-advocacy skills.
- Review delivery of effective instructional practices to address common deficits within skill repertoires for students with autism that promote strong outcomes relevant to post graduation outcomes such as post-secondary educational opportunities and employment.
- Discuss effective, positive, data-informed processes to reduce common behavior problems that occur with this population.
- Review specific considerations for administrators to help attract, prepare, and retain staff as well as increase likelihood of successful implementation
Building Administrators and Special Education Administrators for classrooms receiving PaTTAN Autism Initiative Comprehensive Supports, and Internal Coaches
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Marci Davis, at 717-901-2251, or email@example.com