Intensive Skills Training in Evidence-Based Practices: Principles of ABA and Effective Instruction
Tuesday June 06, 2023 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Wednesday June 07, 2023 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Thursday June 08, 2023 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This session will provide intensive training, and analogue guided practices in teaching skills, as they relate to applied behavior analytic (ABA) interventions incorporating an analysis of verbal behavior.
It is designed to meet the needs of team members who are participating in the PaTTAN Autism Initiative ABA efforts. Focused on skills related to teaching students with autism and related developmental disorders, the training will involve having participants demonstrate skills related to identifying the verbal operants and other ABA concepts, developing classroom schedules and card sort systems for teaching, demonstrating procedures for intensive teaching (discrete trial instruction) and basic mand training skills.
The session includes a brief overview of guidelines for the student assessment tool and deriving student programs based on the assessment outcomes. Establishing instructional control and reducing problem behavior will also be discussed. Participants will be required to demonstrate acquisition of conceptual skills through brief oral and written assessments, complete brief homework assignments, and demonstrate implementation of various teaching protocols.
Participant teams will state the basic procedures in developing a classroom schedule that includes dense schedule of instruction for critical language competencies.
The participants will be able to:
- Identify and name verbal operants observed in a teaching session, at a rate of at least 23 per minute, during a one-minute timing.
- Demonstrate use of card sort system to guide intensive teaching procedures for verbal operants.
- Pass a brief competency exam on the basic behavioral concepts.
- Define and list the basic procedures to establish instructional control.
- Describe and demonstrate the teaching protocol for basic intensive teaching of verbal operants including fast pace presentation of trials, mixed and varied instruction, effective use of variable ratio schedule of reinforcement, and fluent student responding.
- Accurately identify, and demonstrate, errorless teaching procedures for intensive teaching protocol.
- Accurately state and demonstrate the error correction procedures for intensive teaching protocol.
- Describe and demonstrate use of appropriate prompt procedures.
- Demonstrate the process of presenting mand trials, including mand transfer trials.
- Identify and complete basic data collection procedures including cold probe for intensive teaching targets, mand cold probe procedures, and mand frequency.
- List the basic procedures in developing example classroom schedules that provide adequate allotment of instructional responding in relation to critical verbal skills.
New classroom teams and returning classroom teams participating in the PaTTAN Autism Initiative
Topics Covered: Autism
03/29/2023, 03/30/2023, 03/31/2023
Location: PaTTAN - WEST
06/27/2023, 06/28/2023, 06/29/2023
Location: PaTTAN - WEST
07/11/2023, 07/12/2023, 07/13/2023
Location: PaTTAN - EAST
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Marci Davis, at 717-901-2251, or firstname.lastname@example.org