Enhanced Core Reading Instruction (ECRI) Training of Trainers (ToT) for SPEL
Wednesday August 23, 2023 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Thursday August 24, 2023 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Tuesday January 23, 2024 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Wednesday January 24, 2024 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Thursday January 25, 2024 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
In collaboration with Boston University and the University of Oregon, PaTTAN is offering a Training of Trainers (ToT) focused on the use of Enhanced Core Reading Instruction (ECRI). The purpose of the ToT is to build ECRI training and coaching capacity in Pennsylvania by vetting new ECRI trainers in order to support teachers and further promote the use of ECRI implementation for LEAs participating in SPEL (Success for PA Early Learners).
The ECRI ToT for SPEL will be led by lead ECRI trainer and author, Carol Dissen and colleague, Jess Surles. Participants will also be assigned to an ECRI expert mentor. ECRI mentors will support participants throughout the cohort by coaching, consultation, and providing feedback on written assignments and videotaped ECRI instruction and training.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the delivery of a full ECRI foundational skills lesson with fluency.
- Explain and outline the ECRI model, components, and routine elements.
- Identify the essential components of instructional routines related to active student engagement strategies, specific-word vocabulary instruction, narrative text instruction, and information text instruction.
- Describe and model how to use instructional routines to enhance the delivery of core reading instruction in a multi-tiered system of Tier 1 and Tier 2 support.
- Explain the infrastructure that supports a system of successful implementation, sustainability and fidelity.
PaTTAN Consultants and IU TaC Consultants supporting LEAs in Success for PA Early Learners (SPEL)
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Annette Bauerlein, at 610-878-7211, or email@example.com