PREPaRE ToT: Mental Health Crisis Intervention: Responding to Acute Traumatic Stressor in Schools
Wednesday August 31, 2022 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Thursday September 01, 2022 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This training provides participants with the information and practice needed to become a NASP PREPaRE Mental Health Crisis Intervention trainer. Participants will acquire the knowledge, skills, and confidence to train school-based mental health personnel in the provision of immediate mental health crisis interventions.
Participants will demonstrate and facilitate learning activities across the following areas of the PREPaRE curriculum:
- Describe the provisions of school mental health crisis interventions;
- Demonstrate variables that help to estimate the number of individuals traumatized by a crisis;
- Differentiate between common crisis reactions and mental illness.
- Determine elements of school crisis preparedness specified by the PREPaRE acronym.
- Identify the Risk factors that predict psychological trauma and warning signs that indicate psychological trauma.
- Identify the PREPaRE mental health crisis interventions ranging from least to most restrictive
- Assist in matching the degree of psychological trauma risk to the appropriate school crisis interventions.
PaTTAN Consultants, IU TaCs, IU Social Workers and School Psychologists, PDE Staff
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Tina Rife, at 717-901-2278, or email@example.com