2022 CSforAllPA Pre-Summit: Phidget-ing with Phidgets
Tuesday June 21, 2022 12:00 PM - 3:15 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Phidgets are USB-powered sensors that integrate flawlessly with code for multiple languages ranging from Scratch, MakeCode, Java, Python, and Swift. Learn how to set up a Getting Started Kit with their computers and develop code to respond to button pressing and LED lights. After establishing a basic feeling for Phidgets, participants will move to a hands-on station rotation to solve a specified problem using a variety of sensors.
- Demonstrate collecting data through the use of Phidgets.
- Describe how Phidgets can be used in industry and in the classroom.
- Explain how to interact with hardware to develop software that integrates flawlessly with the sensors.
- Illustrate how to use a getting started kit provided by Phidgets to write programs that integrate with buttons and LED lights.
- Apply hands-on experience with a variety of other sensors that work together to build more complex problems.
District Administrators, Principals, School Counselors, School Librarians, K-12 General Ed, Special Education and English Language Learner teachers, anyone interested in K-12 Computer Science in Pennsylvania
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Sadie Hetrick, at 717-901-2273, or firstname.lastname@example.org