Basic Intensive Skill Training in Applied Behavior Analysis for Teams Serving Students with Autism
Wednesday July 21, 2021 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Chester County IU 24 - VC Site
Thursday July 22, 2021 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Chester County IU 24 - VC Site
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This session will provide an abbreviated but thorough intensive training and analogue guided practice in teaching skills for applied behavior analytic interventions incorporating an analysis of verbal behavior. It is designed to meet the needs of teams who are participating in the PaTTAN Autism Initiative ABA efforts. Focus will be on skills related to teaching students with autism and related developmental disorders. The two-day training will involve participants demonstrating skills related to identification of the verbal operants and other ABA concepts, developing classroom schedules and card sort systems for teaching, demonstrating procedures for intensive teaching (discrete trial instruction) and basic mand training skills. The session will include a brief overview of assessment tools and deriving student programs based on the assessment outcomes. Establishing instructional control and reducing problem behavior will also be discussed. Participants will be required to demonstrate acquisition of conceptual skills through brief oral and written assessments, complete brief homework assignments, and demonstration of various teaching protocols.
- Name verbal operants observed in a teaching session at a rate of at least 23 per minute during a one-minute timing.
- Pass a brief competency exam on basic behavioral concepts.
- Demonstrate use of a card sort system to guide intensive teaching procedures for verbal operants.
- State basic procedures to establish instructional control.
- Demonstrate the teaching protocol for basic intensive teaching of verbal operants including fast pace presentation of trials, mixed and varied instruction, effective use of variable ratio schedule of reinforcement, and fluent student responding.
- Demonstrate basic mand prompt and prompt fade methods and error correction procedures.
Teachers, para-educators, parents, support staff, internal coaches and administrators serving autism support programs
Topics Covered: Autism
Location: PaTTAN - WEST
Location: PaTTAN - EAST
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Ashely Frye, at 717-901-2272, or firstname.lastname@example.org