PDE PAsmart 7-12 Computer Science Pathway
Tuesday June 23, 2020 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Monday November 16, 2020 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Tuesday November 17, 2020 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Wednesday November 18, 2020 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Monday January 25, 2021 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Wednesday March 03, 2021 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Wednesday April 14, 2021 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Wednesday May 12, 2021 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Wednesday June 23, 2021 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
The PDE PAsmart 7-12 Computer Science (CS) Pathway is an intensive, year-long learning experience supporting local educational agencies (LEAs) engaged in the PAsmart Targeted Grant program. As a result of the 7-12 Pathway, LEAs will have an educator ready to take the 7-12 CS certification exam and to offer a standards-aligned middle or high school CS course during the school year utilizing evidence-based culturally responsive pedagogical practices to meet the needs of diverse learners.
The Pathway supports middle and high school (7-12) educators who currently are or will soon be teaching a computer science course and is differentiated for participants, taking into varied levels of experience in education and computer science
Educators engaging in the 7-12 Pathway will:
- Demonstrate foundational computer science (CS) content knowledge and skills in preparation of taking the 7-12 CS certification exam
- Demonstrate knowledge of the K-12 CS Framework and the Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA) Standards
- Identify strategies and resources for the delivery of universally designed and culturally relevant CS instruction to diverse learners
- Develop CS instructional materials that are standards-aligned, universally designed, and pedagogically supported.
- Create a plan for increasing and diversifying student engagement in CS with alignment LEA’s CS strategic plan (SCRIPT or other)
- Articulate the need for CS in education and our communities
Selected PAsmart Targeted Grant recipients
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Sadie Hetrick, at 717-901-2273, or email@example.com