PDE PAsmart 7-12 Computer Science Pathway
Tuesday June 23, 2020 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Monday November 16, 2020 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Tuesday November 17, 2020 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Wednesday November 18, 2020 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Monday January 25, 2021 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Tuesday January 26, 2021 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Wednesday June 23, 2021 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
The PDE PAsmart 7-12 Computer Science (CS) Pathway is an intensive, year-long learning experience supporting local educational agencies (LEAs) engaged in the PAsmart Targeted Grant program. As a result of the 7-12 Pathway, LEAs will have an educator ready to take the 7-12 CS certification exam and to offer a standards-aligned middle or high school CS course during the school year utilizing evidence-based culturally responsive pedagogical practices to meet the needs of diverse learners.
The Pathway supports middle and high school (7-12) educators who currently are or will soon be teaching a computer science course and is differentiated for participants, taking into varied levels of experience in education and computer science
Educators engaging in the 7-12 Pathway will:
- Demonstrate foundational computer science (CS) content knowledge and skills in preparation of taking the 7-12 CS certification exam
- Demonstrate knowledge of the K-12 CS Framework and the Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA) Standards
- Identify strategies and resources for the delivery of universally designed and culturally relevant CS instruction to diverse learners
- Develop CS instructional materials that are standards-aligned, universally designed, and pedagogically supported.
- Create a plan for increasing and diversifying student engagement in CS with alignment LEA’s CS strategic plan (SCRIPT or other)
- Articulate the need for CS in education and our communities
Selected PAsmart Targeted Grant recipients