Assistive Technology Networking Days 2020: AT Consideration and Assessment for the Consultant
Tuesday May 26, 2020 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday May 27, 2020 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
With the consideration of assistive technology being mandated for every student, many questions are generated about the proper way in how to conduct an assessment. What does it look like? Where does it take place? How long should it last? What data should be collected? For those who are in consultative positions, balancing the responsibilities between you and the local school team can be challenging.
These two days of sessions will inform all those questions and more, as well as provide participants the tools for further defining their individual roles in the AT Consideration and Assessment processes. During the first day, the emphasis will be on planning and executing the team process; the second day will bring the opportunity to evaluate assessment tools in the specific AT areas of AAC, Reading, and Writing.
- Describe methods for developing student-based action plans for assessment or re-evaluation of AT needs
- Evaluate assessment tools in the specific AT areas of AAC, Reading and Writing
- Formulate questions for the extended assessment
- Discuss outcomes of AT assessments for students who need writing alternatives, access to print, augmentative communication, and alternative access
- Identify, generate, and share technical-assistance resources for AT consultants working with student teams and LEAs
Assistive Technology Consultants from Intermediate Units, LEAs, and Approved Private Schools, by invitation only.