2019-2020 BrainSTEPS New Team Leader Workshop – Mentor and Mentees
Friday January 10, 2020 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
New BrainSTEPS team leaders are considered mentees. Each mentee will be mentored during this workshop. This training workshop is required of new team leaders who joined within the last several years. It is a new training used by BrainSTEPS moving forward to ensure all new team leaders receive targeted support to not only support student referrals but learn how to better manage the Best Practice expectations of the BrainSTEPS Program. Additionally, team leader mentees will learn how to effectively manage their Intermediate Unit BrainSTEPS team. BrainSTEPS Team Leader Mentors will provide answers to questions, case studies will be used to illustrate the types of cases BrainSTEPS teams receive and will detail how the cases are expected to be handled. Step-by-step procedures will be expanded upon with details from varying mentors across the state. Database proper use and strategies will be explored in depth.
- Develop an ability to create effective academic support plans for students after a concussion and moderate/severe brain injury.
- Gain confidence in managing new student referrals from start to finish.
- Gain confidence in using the BrainSTEPS ORBS database independently.
- Develop an understanding of how to perform team leader duties.
- Apply evidence-based practices to student case studies.
- Describe the differences between BrainSTEPS Teams and Return to Learn Concussion Management Teams.
- List at least 10 academic supports to utilize with BrainSTEPS student referrals.
New BrainSTEPS Team Leaders by invitation only.