Secondary MTSS That Makes Sense
Wednesday December 11, 2019 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
MTSS/RTI often doesn't make sense to secondary teachers. This session describes how secondary MTSS is different—from prevention for core content area instruction to screening and progress-monitoring practices—with attention to differentiating and intervening with students who need Treatment versus content area instruction and/or behavioral Support.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe why secondary MTSS lags behind elementary level.
- Differentiate between those students who receive Tier 2/3 "treatment" from those students who would receive "support" in their content area classes.
- Detail components of effective "treatment."
- Detail components of effective "support."
- Describe basic skills screening and progress monitoring practices.
Secondary content area and special education teachers, administrators, related services providers, or parents interested in improving secondary education.