Using MTSS to Address Disproportionate Representation of Cult/Ling Diverse Students in AEDY Programs
Tuesday November 12, 2019 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Tuesday February 11, 2020 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
The procedural steps in conducting a Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) will be modeled, along with the necessary teaming to roll out student specific, evidence-based interventions. Data informed decision-making will be taught to ensure precise behavioral tracking and targeted interventions to best support the student in all intended educational settings. Intervention fidelity and progress monitoring will be addressed to effectively link socially appropriate replacement behaviors to a supporting student-level Positive Behavior Support Plan. Attendees in this series will learn how to conduct an FBA and the requisite behavioral decision making process to successfully connect interventions to a technically adequate Positive Behavior Support Plan. Explicit areas of focus will include the process of making data informed decisions and fidelity based progress monitoring at both the targeted and tertiary levels of student support.
At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Utilize an MTSS model to address disproportionate representation of culturally and linguistically diverse students in AEDY programs.
- Identify evidenced based, data driven practices to ensure precise behavioral tracing and targeted interventions.
- Conduct a Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) as part of a Positive Behavior Support Plan.
- Define the process for providing an FBA for the disproportionate representation of culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Identify vulnerable decision points for for guided instructional decision making.
- Develop Neutralizing Routines to support behavior supports.
- Evaluating equitable practices in Discipline to improve student outcomes with individual students.
- Identify current AEDY structures for Positive Behavior Support and design broad culturally responsive practices.
AEDY Providers (Private, LEA-in-house and sending LEAs)