MTSS Integration Series: Enhancing Student Engagement for ALL Learners at the Classroom Level
MTSS Integration: A Focus on the Advanced Tiers
Thursday May 07, 2020 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Integration of academic, behavioral and social-emotional instruction in Tier 1 is critical to the success of all students. For those students in need of additional supports (Tiers 2, 3 and Specially Designed Instruction), it is critical that the instruction in those tiers integrate the scope, sequence and pacing of instruction in Tier 1. In addition, the integration of instructional materials and context is critical to ensure that the more intensified instruction is both effective and supports student success in Tier 1. This session will focus on the characteristics of instruction in Tiers 2, 3 and Specially Designed instruction and the process of integration of these Tiers with Tier 1.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify best practices in the integration of A, B and SEL in Tier 1.
- Identify the characteristics of effective instruction in Tiers 2, 3 and Specially Designed Instruction.
- Integrate the scope, sequence and pacing of Tier 1 instruction in the advanced tiers.
- Integrate Tier 1 instructional materials and practices into the advanced tiers.
- Implement a collaborative lesson design process.
Core Members,Tiered Providers, Reading Specialists, School Psychologists, Regular Education Teachers, Special Education Teachers,General and Special Education Administrators