RTI/SLD Training of Trainers (TOT)
Supporting LEAs through the RTI/SLD Approval Process: Sharing Reflections and Next Steps
Wednesday April 08, 2020 8:30 AM - 11:45 AM
Through facilitated discussion, participants will reflect on shared experiences and processes as they relate to supporting LEAs toward the use of an RTI approach for SLD Determination within a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS). Participant experiences will inform statewide training and technical assistance efforts. Participants will also discuss opportunities to establish regionalized networks and/or communities of practice.
- Identify the inclusionary and exclusionary criteria associated with a comprehensive SLD evaluation
- Review and respond to frequently asked questions that LEAs and families have regarding RTI, MTSS and Special Education
- Demonstrate an understanding of the timeline and procedural steps associated with BSE’s RTI/SLD approval process.
- Collect and share evidence of implementation guidance to LEAs and evaluate LEA status relative to the use of RTI within a Tiered System
- Develop capacity-building and professional learning opportunities and structures to further enhance regional and statewide expertise relative to RTI/SLD
IU and PaTTAN Consultants, LEA Administrative Teams represented by General AND Special Education Administrators and 1 or more School Psychologists