Using AimswebPlus and Student Growth Percentiles to Inform Response to Intervention (RTI)
Thursday October 31, 2019 8:30 AM - 11:45 AM
This workshop will familiarize current users of AimswebPlus on how to use embedded growth indices in this system to make decisions about students’ Response to Intervention (RTI) for instructional intensification and for the potential determination of a specific learning disability. Special attention will be given to the application of growth norms to assist with SLD determination and progress monitoring with a focus on student growth percentiles (SGPs). One of the applications of SGPs is to aid in setting performance goals for students who need frequent progress monitoring. Problem solving teams will learn how this progress monitoring system uses SGPs to give feedback about the aggressiveness of a given performance goal and how that feedback informs instruction, goal setting and growth determination.
Participants will be able to:
1. Identify three basic components of the AimswebPlus system to assist problem-solving teams with accurate and timely decision-making.
2. Describe the essential components of a dual discrepancy model as it relates to SLD eligibility determination.
3. Define Student Growth Percentiles (SGPs).
4. Describe how Student Growth Percentiles (SGPs) may be used by problem-solving teams to inform high albeit realistic goal-setting.
5. Explain the role of SGPs as they relate to progress-monitoring and instructional intensification as well as in SLD eligibility decision-making.
LEA AIMSweb Users, IU TaCs, Admin (General and Special ed), Reading Specialists, School Psychs, Special Educators