Target School Improvement (TSI) Tools TOT
Thursday November 08, 2018 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
PDE is fiscally supporting IU consultants to offer voluntary professional development and technical assistance to schools identified for TSI* as part of the SSOS. Additionally, IU TAC have been asked to support their IU curriculum colleagues, especially as TSI schools are identified as a result of IEP subgroup performance.
*Per ESSA, the SEA is responsible to notify LEAs of TSI identification and to ensure the LEAs notify the schools.
The LEA/School responsibilities are:
- LEA must notify schools no later than beginning of school year; must identify consistently underperforming and/or low-performing subgroups ( According to Section 1111(c)(2) of ESSA, a “subgroup of students” in statewide accountability includes: students from major racial and ethnic groups; economically disadvantaged students; children with disabilities; and English learners).
- Schools must develop and implement a plan, in partnership with stakeholders, for each identified subgroup of students:
- Informed by all indicators
- Includes evidence-based interventions; appropriate to address reason(s) for identification; supported by research
- Needs assessment must inform activities of school-wide programs
- If performance is lower than lowest 5% schools, identify and address resource inequities
- Approved and monitored by LEA
Intermediate Unit Consultants
Location: PaTTAN - Pittsburgh
Location: Blast IU 17 - Williamsport
Location: PaTTAN - East
Location: PaTTAN - Harrisburg