RtII in PA: Tier 3 Problem Solving Series
Tuesday October 06, 2015 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday October 07, 2015 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Thursday October 08, 2015 8:30 AM - 11:45 AM
Wednesday January 20, 2016 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Wednesday May 18, 2016 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
The goal of the 2013-14 Tier 3 Problem-Solving Training Series is for administrators, their elementary school-based teams and IU consultants to participate in a year- long process that supports the refinement of Tier 3 Problem-Solving, Decision-Making and Instructional Design and Delivery/Intensification.
PaTTAN Educational Consultants will facilitate 4.5 days of training and 2 days of on-site support to each participating team. The overarching goal is to assist teams with the improvement of student response to intensive instruction and intervention through planned alignment of differentiated instruction across Tiers 1, 2 and 3 and generalization of systematic and systemic decision-making rules to Tier 3 within the broader context of interdisciplinary collaboration and the RtII framework.
Participants will develop competencies related to:
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration & Systematic Decision-Making
- Application of Research to Practice
- Refinement of Tier 3 Supports and Services
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the role of assessment in sound decision-making processes including adequate versus inadequate response to research based instruction and intervention
- Apply research to practice and evaluate the impact of implementation over time
- Identify variables and traits that are characteristic of inadequate responders
- Learn how to intensify, differentiate and align instruction across providers for the most at-risk students
Elementary Teams that have been invited and will be accompanied by their RtII IU Technical Assistance Consultant
Minimum Team (Elementary) Requirements:
- 2 Grade Level Teacher Leaders
- 1 ESL teacher
- 1 Special education teacher
- 1 School Psych
- 1 Reading Specialist and/or Provider of Tiered Support
- 1 Building Principal
- 1 additional member at team’s discretion
- 1 IU RtII Consultant
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.